Participate in Experiments
The Spring 2019 Linguistics Study Pool is now open!
To get signed up
- Go to: https://utahlinguistics.sona-systems.com and select “Request Account”.
- In the account information screen, enter your first and last name, email address, your desired username on SONA, your student ID number (uNID), telephone number (optional), and select the relevant course(s) for course credit from the list provided. Click "Request Account". Your login information (username and password) will be emailed to you at the email address provided. Please check your email for your login information so you may login to the system.
To sign up for a study
- Log in with your username and password and click “View available studies".
- Select "timeslots available" and then select "View time slots available for this study" on the study information page.
- On the timeslots for study page, identify a timeslot that will work for you. Select the course you wish for the credits to be assigned to from teh drop down and then click "Sign-up!"
- You're all set! You will receive an email notification of you study sign up.
To view/re-assign your study creditsAfter you have completed the experiment(s), the experimenter will assign you course credit for your participation. Once credits are assigned you will be able to view them by logging into the system. You can also re-assign your course credits at a later point if you like. Just log in, and select the credit number that appears in the center of circle under credit overview. Under study sign-ups select "Reassign" and select the relevant course.
- If there are not any available appointments that work with your schedule, please check again--experiment appointments are added regularly.
- Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any problems related to signing up for experiments.
- If you need accommodation of any kind, have a question about accommodation, and/or
prefer to complete an alternative assignment for any reason, please create a Sona
account and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Arrangements for alternative assignments must be made before the current semester's